We just completed our fiscal year, and it was a great year. We saw record growth in revenues, customer base, and partners. And most importantly, we continued a strong tradition of high customer satisfaction. Repeat customer purchases grew 5X during the period, and our ongoing surveying shows the benefits of our relentless customer support.
More than 200 customers currently use Cloudian’s object storage technology to manage their data, and we thank them for their support in making these 2017 achievements possible:
• Grew customer base by 100%
• Realized five-fold increase in repeat purchases from existing customers
• Achieved record revenues in every quarter
• Formed cloud partnerships with Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
• Signed HP Enterprise as a reseller partner and continued OEM relationship with Lenovo
• Extended relationship with Cisco, joined Cisco Media Blueprint for media and entertainment solutions
• Engaged in activities with AI-focused companies, including NVIDIA, Skymind, ABEJA, Xcompass and Axis Communications
• Grew Cloudian team to more than 130 people
• Extended Cloudian EMEA presence with new teams in France, Germany and Italy
• Introduced enterprise file management solution
• Launched multi-cloud data management platform
• Earned awards and honors, including Hybrid Storage Product of the Year at the 2017 Storage Awards, placement on JMP Securities’ Super 60 Hot Companies List and recognition on CRN’s Emerging Vendors list
Great new customers include folks like WGBH, shown here:
And in the MSP segment, great customers like Federal Hill Solutions continue to expand their Cloudian footprint:
“In 2017, we further expanded our Cloudian deployment in response to our customers’ growing demand for S3-compatible storage services,” said Arthur Oshalmsky, CEO, Federal Hill Solutions. “For two years now, our Cloudian platform has delivered reliable, easily managed storage that lets us meet our customers’ storage needs while filling our business requirement for a cost-effective, scalable solution.”
On the product front, several important advances include:
• HyperFile extends scale-out capabilities to file storage, which has been hampered by the manageability, cost and scalability limitations of NAS technology
• HyperStore 7 provides companies with multi-cloud capabilities, giving them an unprecedented ability to manage storage on-premises and in the cloud as a single pool
Channel Support Growth
During the year, we also expanded our channel program, and increased our support for our valued reseller partners. Resellers are very important to us and in many cases act as the trusted advisor to their clients in Cloudian deployments.
“We see continuously growing demand for Cloudian’s petabyte-scalable object and file storage solutions,” said Jon Mendoza, CTO, Technologent. “Cloudian gives our customers scalability and security without operational complexity, starting on-prem and expanding to the cloud. Their solution is an obvious choice for customers seeking next-generation data management solutions.”
It was a great year, and we are looking forward to great things in 2018 as Object Storage continues to gain footprint in the Enterprise.