Today at the Pure Storage user conference, Cloudian® announced the integration of its HyperStore® object storage platform with Pure Storage CloudSnap. This lets Pure users automatically move snapshot data between FlashArray and Cloudian, providing multiple cool benefits:
- Offloads Pure FlashArray
- Disk-based data repository for fast access
- On-prem for security, low-latency
- Exabyte scalable storage pool
- Policy-based, intelligent data transfer
- Preserves storage efficiencies gained through de-dupe and compression
- Cloudian is 1/3 the cost of public cloud storage
- CloudSnap is a standard feature of Pure FlashArray
Pure Storage CloudSnap Solution Overview
This modern backup strategy leverages flash-to-object, in which data goes from primary flash to a scale-out, high-performance object storage. CloudSnap provides snapshot creation, management and restore. It is designed to use the S3-API as its transfer mechanism, enabling plug-and-play connectivity with Cloudian HyperStore.
Cloudian is an exabyte-scalable, S3-compatible storage system that provides fast, disk-based storage. Its multi-tenant architecture also makes it suitable for multiple uses within the data center, wherever scalable storage is needed.
- Snapshot data to FlashArray
- Migrate snapshot to Cloudian via CloudSnap (migration via S3 API). Recover via CloudSnap, too.
- If desired, enable DR to a remote site via Cloudian-driven replication
Pure Storage CloudSnap Demo
- Blends performance and scalability: Pure’s delivers high performance while Cloudian provides an exabyte scalable, multi-tenant storage repository for backup, DR and test/dev.
- Meet RPO/RTO requirements: Portable snapshots enable fast restore from Cloudian disk-based storage.
- Easy migration: Back-up and replicate data between sites with Cloudian’s granular bucket level policies.
- Advanced compliance features: WORM and data at rest encryption. Meet federal and government compliance requirements with FIPS 140-2 and Common Criteria certifications.
- Flexible OPEX consumption: Deploy your private cloud on-premises and on-demand; Pure’s Evergreen Storage Service and Cloudian’s Flexible consumption model offers an OPEX, pay-per-use model for storage-as-a-service.
- Data Protection: Flexible protection with fast restores, with an on-prem, limitlessly scalable backup storage target.
- Test and Dev: Restore portable snapshots on a low cost, geo replicated, scale-out Cloudian HyperStore storage platform to facilitate collaboration and test/dev workflows. Cloud-native applications predominantly use object storage, and next-gen developers code with object storage as well.
- Extended Capacity and Tiering: Add additional capacity non-disruptively to your FlashArray environments with HyperStore for cost-effective extended storage capacity for less frequently accessed data.
Pure Storage CloudSnap provides an exciting new way to cost-effectively protect data and enable fast and easy data management. It represents yet another compelling reason why S3-compatible object storage makes sense to consider for your data center.