Cloudian HyperStore leader for the second year in a row
Munich, March 25, 2021 – The HyperStore® object storage platform from Cloudian ® was named “Customers’ Choice” for “Distributed File Systems and Object Storage” * in the Gartner Peer Insights study “Voice of the Customer” in 2021. The Gartner Peer Insight’s Customers ‘Choice is based on feedback and ratings from end users who have experience purchasing, implementing, or using a product or service. Cloudian has received the Customers’ Choice award for HyperStore for the second year As part of the Gartner Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 2020, HyperStore received the highest rating across all use cases.
Top marks for Cloudian
Based on a five-point scale, Cloudian received an overall rating of 4.8 stars on March 23, 2021. 87 percent of the 76 customer reviews submitted in the past year rated the Cloudian solution with five stars. In the “Features” category, Cloudian received an overall rating of 4.8.
The individual functions were rated as follows:
- Capacity – 4.8
- Storage Efficiency – 4.8
- Security and Multitenancy – 4.8
- Resilience – 4.8
- Interoperability – 4.8
- Power – 4.7
- Administration – 4.7
Cloudian achieved a rating of 4.8 in each of the categories evaluation and contract conclusion, integration and provision, and service and support.
Customer feedback from all application areas
Of all participating companies, Cloudian received the most ratings. In the survey, Cloudian customers from all industries, company sizes and regions gave their reviews. The main advantages of HyperStore they name include:
- “The best S3 implementation on the market, what goes on AWS S3 works in your own data center too ” – Senior Expert Storage Management in the healthcare sector
- “ A Well-stocked and Affordable S3 Object Storage ” – System Specialist in Education
- “ Robust S3 storage infrastructure for building S3 solutions on-premise ” – Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in the service industry
- “ Easy to Implement and Integrate ” – Principal Consultant in the Manufacturing Industry
- “ An inexpensive and well-rounded solution ” – lead developer in the financial sector
- “ Fantastic partnership with Cloudian for object storage solutions ” – Storage Consultant in Retail
The 2021 Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Distributed File Systems and Object Storage Report is available for download at: https://bit.ly/39cBOVA .
You can find more information about HyperStore here: cloudian.com/de/products / hyperstore /
* Gartner defines geo-distributed file systems and object storage as software and hardware solutions that are based on “shared nothing architecture” and support object and / or scale-out file technology in order to meet the requirements of dealing with increasing amounts of unstructured data become.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cloudian is the most popular independent provider of object storage systems. With its native S3 API, the company offers data centers the scalability and flexibility of public cloud storage. At the same time, it offers ransomware protection and reduces the total cost of ownership by more than 60% compared to traditional SAN / NAS and public clouds. The geographically distributed architecture enables users to manage and protect object and file data across locations – locally and in the cloud – from a single platform. Cloudian is available as software or appliance and supports conventional as well as containerized applications. More at https://cloudian.com/de/
VMware, Tanzu, VMware vSAN, and vCenter are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.