Media Active Archive with Disk Performance at up to 47% Cost Savings Over LTO Tape
Your active archive is a vital part of your media asset management workflow. You need scalable and cost-effective capacity to accommodate formats such as 4K, 8K, and VR/360. And you need media to be instantly available to keep up with time-pressured schedules. Cloudian® meets this challenge with a cost-effective, disk-based active archive.
CUSTOMER CASE STUDY
Vox Media Turns to Cloudian Hyperstore to Meet Growing Archive Demand
Company automates archive process and eliminates steps to accelerate workflow by 10X
Vox Media creates digital content that caters to technology, sports, and video game enthusiasts. At any given time, the firm has multiple active projects, including videos, podcasts, and other digital content across multiple sites. Together, these digital projects drive demand for multiple petabytes of data storage and effective media asset management.
A Hybrid Cloud Media Active Archive
Public media powerhouse WGBH Boston produces more than 50% of all PBS programming. Until recently, video assets were archived on tape, and portable drives were on everyone’s desk. With Cloudian, WGBH now has a disk-based active archive on-premises, and a secure remote location for disaster recovery. All on disk and immediately available to producers and editing teams.
Cloudian Enterprise Storage for Media Workflows
Learn how Cloudian is transforming the Media & Entertainment industry by providing customers with limitless capacity, automated data protection, and cloud integration for Artificial Intelligence and machine learning-based media enrichment.
This demo shows Cloudian HyperStore’s extensive metadata capabilities that provide fast, Google-like search and powerful data analytics for effective media asset management.
70% Less OpEx Cost Than LTO-8 Tape
No more trading off cost vs performance. Cloudian gives you high-performance at cloud-like prices, down to 0.5 cents per GB per month, in your own data center.
Learn more by downloading a TCO report that compares object storage to tape for active archives and backup.
Tape: Does it Measure Up?
An Insider’s Guide to Data Center Modernization
Historically, media and entertainment organizations have relied on LTO tape as the most economical option for long-term data archiving and backup — but that is beginning to change.
The inability to access, complexity to manage, and increasing overall costs of maintaining and expanding aging tape libraries are prompting many networks, studios, and production companies to explore other options. This insider’s guide touches upon various aspects of modernizing your data center, starting from the drawbacks of tape to alternatives like on-prem cloud storage, and what it takes to move from legacy, tape-based storage to an object storage platform such as Cloudian HyperStore.
M&E On-Demand Webinars
- Migrate and Manage Media Assets with EcoDigital DIVA
- Unlock the Value of Your Media Asset Library while Locking Out Ransomware with Square Box
- Media Workflows in the Work-from-Home Era – A Real World Demonstration with SME
- IABM Cloud & Virtualization Live Panel
- Integrated Global Workflows with eMAM
- Hybrid Cloud Media Workflows with Evolphin
- An Interview and Demo with StorageDNA – Entertainment Technology Center at USC
- The Economics of Cloud and Object Storage with Entertainment Technology Center at USC
- Object Storage for Media Workflows with Entertainment Technology Center at USC
- Choosing the Right Storage for Your Content Library (IABM Summit)
- Next-Gen M&E Workflows for Remote Workers with SME
- WGBH Boston: The Advantages of Hybrid Cloud Storage for Media Archives
- Optimize File Transfers for Large Scale Media Archives
- Overcoming MAM Workflow Challenges, with eMAM
- Accelerate and Simplify Media Asset Collaboration with SME