Simplify & Accelerate Your Life Science Workflows
Improve collaboration and simplify data management with a cost-effective, limitlessly scalable storage solution
Better control over your data — with better economics
The exponential growth of life sciences data of all kinds — instrument, research, imaging, and other patient data — holds enormous promise across many scientific disciplines, including cancer research, medicine, drug discovery, and personalized patient care. But accessing and using this increasingly larger data sets means overcoming new challenges for the storage infrastructure associated with that data. For example, users must have secure data access to support shared collaboration across community locations, storage clusters must be flexibly scalable and manageable to support growing data repositories, while also containing infrastructure and operating costs. Cloudian addresses these challenges with HyperStore, with its 100% native S3 API, and HyperFile NAS Controller, providing file services for HyperStore.
This best-in-class solution overcomes the capacity and performance limitations of traditional scale-out NAS and other legacy storage technologies — with a single architecture supporting current needs and— scaling as the needs of the organization grow, future-proofing your storage while providing unparalleled flexibility and ease of management.
Cloudian Life Science Solution Workflow
Life science organizations can take advantage of custom metadata to organize data more precisely for clinical and research purposes across their workflow. HyperStore enables life science organizations to create and easily manage storage tiers across their on-premises and public cloud locations for greater cost-effectiveness and enhanced data protection. HyperStore offers new economic efficiencies, improved performance and service levels, and comprehensive management and bucket-level control of all data, independent of location.
Cloudian’s HyperStore petabyte-scale object storage platform provides an elegant, cost-effective, on-premise solution for life science environments. Designed to meet the need for large, secure, highly resilient and flexible storage infrastructure at a low cost, HyperStore seamlessly stores, moves and protects files across locations.
Cloudian clusters upgrade non-disruptively with newer, higher capacity nodes, eliminating costly over-provisioning. HyperStore’s automatic data verification and self-healing functions provide reliability and resilience against hardware failures, while its data encryption, both in-flight and at rest, safeguard valuable assets against threats of deletion or theft via malware. Policy-driven data replication between sites means files are always backed up and automatically available where they needed, without manual processes.
Well suited for Life Science workflows, Cloudian HyperFile is the first object-storage system to include all the features essential to enterprise network attached storage (NAS) customers, including snapshot, WORM, nondisruptive failover, POSIX compliance and Active Directory integration, making it ideal for mission-critical, capacity-intensive applications that employ file data. With Cloudian HyperFile, organizations can achieve limitless scalability and save 70% on total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to traditional NAS systems. HyperFile seamlessly integrates with HyperStore providing all the benefits of each as a single, scale-out solution.
KEY SOLUTION BENEFITS
- Increased productivity for researchers, scientists, and others for collaboration with secure access and control
- Streaming support for capture and analysis of sequence and image data
- Unified management of storage across all locations
- Single architecture storage platform reduces technical complexities across ingest, capture, manage, collaborate and archive
- Cost-effective economics — reduce storage infrastructure and operating costs
- Start small and easily expand solution with non-disruptive linear node-to-node scaling options to meet data growth needs — up to hundreds of petabytes
- Support future growth needs with flexible deployment and configuration options
- Easily interface with a broad range of applications with 100% native S3 as well as SMB/CIFS and NFS compatibility
- Unmatched data durability — with choice of erasure coding and/or replication across clusters and locations
- Sync with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, or other cloud location
- Ideal for disaster recovery
How to Accelerate Genomics Data Analysis Pipeline by 10X with WekaIO and Cloudian