Hybrid Cloud Solution Simplifies Data Protection
Commvault integrates seamlessly with Cloudian HyperStore to provide a fast, on-premises, limitlessly-scalable backup target. This is essential to accelerate and achieve critical RTO and RPO SLAs. Instead of having to restore large datasets from the cloud, Cloudian’s fast access is done in just minutes.
If an offsite copy is needed for DR, Cloudian can replicate data to the public cloud— Amazon S3, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and other S3-compatible services, with no additional software. This minimizes on-site costs while ensuring that a DR copy is maintained offsite. For secondary backup applications, Cloudian can also be used as a backup target at remote DR sites.
This solution combines a high-performance on-premises backup target and policy-based migration to the cloud for archive and disaster recovery.
PREDICTABLE PERFORMANCE AND DATA PROTECTION
Commvault delivers reliable backup and recovery across applications, platforms, and virtual environments. A single console unites the management and reporting of both on-premises and cloud information to provide additional operating efficiencies and simplified administration.
Commvault offers seamless integration with Cloudian HyperStore straight out of the box without additional software. With integrated cloud storage connectors that enable backup to Cloudian as simply as backup to the cloud, Cloudian offers the performance and predictability you need to ensure that backup jobs complete on time.
To economize on storage capacity, Cloudian offers multiple compression algorithms that compress objects on the storage side.
MULTIPLE OFFSITE STORAGE OPTIONS
For archive and DR storage, Cloudian enables multiple options. Policy-based tiering to the cloud lets you automatically migrate data to any S3-compatible public cloud storage for disaster recovery and long-term archive. Cloudian also offers data replication among distributed nodes. By locating nodes at geographically separated regions or data centers, you can automatically maintain complete data sets at remote locations. Data protection is configurable at a granular level, letting you optimize storage configurations for different applications or data types using erasure coding and replication options.
SECONDARY BACKUP/DR TARGET
If your requirements only include offsite storage for DR, Cloudian can act as a remotely located target. To the Commvault software, Cloudian appears as cloud storage. This provides a cost-effective disk-based solution for data that must remain under your control for compliance or data governance reasons. With built-in connectivity via the S3 API, Cloudian integrates as easily as connecting to the public cloud.
- Difficult to meet RTO/RPO objectives
- Restore from cloud can take days
- Backup jobs exceeding window
- Exploding growth of data
- High cost of backup appliances
- Offsite backup or DR adds significant cost and/or logistical issues
- Hybrid cloud backup and archive
- Secondary backup target
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Limitlessly scalable storage
- Unified view and control of data, across locations
- Policy-based tiering to public cloud
- Costs under $.01 per GB per mo, including support
- Flexible data protection options with erasure coding and replication
- Metadata tagging for intelligent search and analytics
- Deploy quickly and reduce risks
- Simplified management with a single global namespace across all locations
- Backup physical and virtual environments
- Recover VMs across hypervisors and cloud platforms
- Single architecture across all locations
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
University of Leicester Adopts Cloudian S3 Compatible Storage and Commvault for Backup