Cloud Storage in Your Data Center with S3-Native Object Storage
Make the most of your entire storage landscape. Optimize data placement — both in the cloud and on-prem — for security, performance, capacity and cost. Cloudian’s cloud solutions make it easy to deploy cloud-native applications and manage your data anywhere (on-prem, private or public cloud), in a single, pay-as-you-grow S3 management framework, with built-in analytics and zero lock-in.
Cloudian HyperStore has the most comprehensive data immutability and security capabilities of any on-prem object storage, certified by third-party government assessment agencies, so you can reduce your ransomware worries right along with your costs.
Span multiple on-prem geographies with a single storage environment. Locate storage where you need it, elastically scale your storage, and manage the global infrastructure from a single screen with HyperIQ, Cloudian’s observability and analytics tool. Cloudian’s distributed storage makes it simple whether your objective is…
- local data access for distributed workgroups
- data replication for DR
- data striping across sites for enhanced data availability at less cost
Public Cloud vs. On-Prem Object Storage: Comparing Total Cost of Ownership
Download this TCO Report to see how private cloud can save you up to 65% of your storage costs for backup and archive, media workflows, and other capacity-intensive applications while giving you the same scalability and flexibility within the security of your firewall. With Cloudian, you can manage all your clouds, private and public, from one S3-based framework.
Data Sovereignty Requirements for UK and European Union MSPs
As organisations generate exponential volumes of unstructured data, it’s important for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to be able to offer broad, end-to-end cloud services that are scalable, cost effective, and secure.
This in-depth white paper covers the 5 most important things MSPs in the UK and the EU need to know about their data in the era of sovereign cloud:
- Protection & Management
Data needs to be stored on-premises in the country it was collected to be protected by national laws. For this purpose, object storage is a more affordable, scalable solution than block or file. MSPs also need to embed data protection into the cloud stack with backup, encryption, and micro- segmentation capabilities to secure workloads.
Manage on-prem and cloud storage together with Cloudian. Cloudian HyperStore works much like (and with) Amazon Outposts, adding infinite on-prem capacity at a significantly lower cost.
- Deploy on-prem storage as a high-performance, secure backup target, then automatically replicate that data to the public cloud for an offsite copy.
- Create an on-prem data lake and automatically offload less frequently used data to the cloud for limitless scalability.
- Automate data management within a single namespace that spans your public cloud and on-prem worlds, all in native S3 for no lock-in.
- Buy just the storage you need, then pay-as-you-grow in a truly cloud-native business model.
The Advantages of Cloudian’s AWS Outposts Ready Designation
“Cloudian S3-compatible storage, used as an add-on platform, provides scalable capacity for AWS Outposts for use cases that require local data residency, low latency access and/or integrated ransomware protection.”
Enterprise IT executives are increasingly pursuing a hybrid cloud strategy. To align with that approach, Amazon Web Services introduced Outposts to deliver AWS services to on-premises data centers using a hybrid cloud architecture.
In this Evaluator Group Technical Insight Report, the analyst firm focuses on the AWS Outposts storage environment and how the use of Outposts-qualified storage systems can reduce complexity and IT staff burden as well as enhance security.
Cloudian HyperStore is an Outposts Ready, fully native S3-compatible object storage platform that addresses key user concerns, including:
- Data security, including ransomware protection
- Application portability due to the fully native S3 compatibility
- Ease of management
5 Reasons to Adopt Hybrid Cloud Storage
Hybrid cloud is a storage environment that uses a mix of on-premises and public cloud services with data mobility between the two platforms.
As more organizations look to the public cloud to augment their on-premises data management, hybrid cloud is often the solution of choice, particularly when your private cloud is compliant with S3 API standards, allowing all of your clouds to talk to each other in their native tongue.
Read about the 5 reasons why hybrid cloud storage is rapidly being adopted by IT organizations worldwide.
Get HyperStore on Equinix Metal
Scale your business with global, secure, and on-demand infrastructure
Cloudian HyperStore on Equinix Metal delivers the cloud in your Equinix data center: Enterprise-class, secure, limitlessly scalable object storage with unmatched S3-compatibility for seamless hybrid cloud integration.
Building and connecting your business’ digital infrastructure is growing increasingly complex, costly, and overwhelming. With Equinix Metal, make hybrid infrastructure your competitive advantage and benefit from the unmatched global reach and connectivity ecosystem made possible by Equinix. Get started now.
Solution benefits include:
- Platform-agnostic solutions for hybrid cloud: Run Cloudian HyperStore cloud storage in a Hybrid environment integrated with Google Anthos, Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes on Bare Metal, VMware on Bare Metal
- Interconnected bare metal-as-a-service: Automated, interconnected, low-latency bare metal-as-a-service that is available in global locations – 18 datacenters
- Best-in-class ransomware protection – U.S. government certification tested
- Rich feature set including multi-tenancy, billing, and QoS
- Dedicated support all day every day
Using multiple public clouds gives you more options, but also adds complexity. Consolidate your storage management across public and private clouds with Cloudian’s multi-cloud management. Access data in all clouds with standard S3 API and move data among clouds using one management framework. To eliminate lock-in, data is always stored in the native format of each cloud, whether it’s AWS, GCP or Azure. Same application, same data working seamlessly across multiple clouds.
Develop your containerized applications on-prem and run them wherever you like, on-prem or in the cloud. Cloudian’s Kubernetes S3 Operator lets developers dynamically provision object storage on-prem, while multi-tenancy provides a self-serve, dedicated workspace. The S3 API ensures the portability you need to deploy apps and data anywhere.
Go "Cloud-Native with Cloudian"
Kubernetes offers a highly-dynamic environment for modern applications. But it presents new challenges in deploying and managing persistent storage. Read this paper to gain insight into these potential obstacles and learn why S3-compatible private cloud storage offers real solutions to them.
Download this ESG paper to learn about:
- The top 5 storage challenges for Kubernetes
- Why S3-compatible storage enhances application portability
- How a private cloud reduces costs and increases developer productivity
- Key capabilities you should look for in choosing a storage platform
CLOUD SERVICE PROVIDERS
Managed Cloud Services is a healthy, thriving market. Organizations of all sizes are streamlining their operations by focusing their resources on the work they do best for their customers while partnering with service providers for the rest. Managed cloud providers offer more control over the data management and security needs as compared with the public cloud and are a credible option for organizations of all sizes looking at the Cloud.
As a result, the managed services market is becoming increasingly competitive and is expected to reach $257 billion by 2022. To succeed, MSPs must deliver a broad portfolio of sought-after services along with excellent customer service.
The Economics of High-Value Cloud Services with High Margin Potential
Download this guide to learn how:
- Storage-as-a-Service and Backup-as-a-Service are growing in popularity
- Managed Service Providers benefit from this market opportunity
- Cloudian HyperStore enables margin potential in excess of 50% for MSPs
- Modular storage growth lets you start small and expand with demand
Get Started in Cloud Storage, Free!
Exclusively for VMware Cloud Providers
Utilize 50TB of Cloudian in your data center for a year for FREE and see how easy it is to build your own private cloud and pay as you grow your business with new cloud services opportunities.
Do you serve the healthcare industry? Get a 50TB usable capacity license (for one year), plus a free Object Lock license (a $15,000 value) for every healthcare provider you enroll.
Cloudian Scored Highest for All Use Cases in Gartner 2020 Critical Capabilities for Object Storage Report
- Analytics (4.23)
- Archiving (4.21)
- Backup (4.20)
- Cloud Storage (4.23)
- Hybrid Cloud Storage (4.25)