NTT Communications ICT Solutions
Barun Agarwala, Enterprise Architect at NTT, explains how Cloudian object storage is integrated into their service offerings.
NTT’s collaboration with Cloudian and HPE for storage services
- Barun Agarwala, Enterprise Architect, NTT
NTT is standardized on software defined resources on HPE hardware. This deployment is currently 1 petabyte of storage.
Cloudian benefits cited include:
- Start small on 3-node and scale without disruption
- Fully peer-peer architecture
- Multi-tenancy, for secure access by tenants
- S3-compatible API
- Quality of Service controls to ensure SLAs
- Future proof, with the ability to later add nodes with updated technology
- Use Cloudian APIs to provision and configure storage within NTT’s automation framework
Common use case:
- Backup target.
- “This provides better backup SLAs and fast recovery, while providing offsite storage for DR.”
- “With tape, it takes time for tapes to be transported offsite, and then called back if needed.”
- Geo-distribution of storage
- File-based storage services
Partnering with HPE and Cloudian:
- “HPE was an excellent partner, providing good advice on hardware and software.”
- “Cloudian has also been a very good vendor. They helped us with design, with the delivery, and are still with us in the operations phase.”