Only Solution to Be Recognized for Two Consecutive Years
SAN MATEO, Calif., March 25, 2021 – Cloudian® today announced that it has been recognized as a Customers’ Choice in the 2021 Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Distributed File Systems and Object Storage for its HyperStore® object storage platform.* The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice distinction is based on feedback and ratings from end-user professionals who have experience purchasing, implementing and/or using the product or service. This is the second year in a row that Cloudian has been named a Customers’ Choice for HyperStore, and it follows HyperStore being ranked highest across all use cases in the 2020 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Object Storage.
High Customer Ratings
On a five-point scale, Cloudian earned an overall rating of 4.8 stars as of March 23, 2021, with 87% of the 76 customer reviews over the previous year giving the solution five stars. For the product capabilities category, Cloudian had a 4.8 rating overall, with individual product capabilities scores as follows:
- Capacity – 4.8
- Storage Efficiency – 4.8
- Security and multitenancy – 4.8
- Resilience – 4.8
- Interoperability – 4.8
- Performance – 4.7
- Manageability – 4.7
In addition, Cloudian had overall 4.8 ratings for each of the other categories: evaluation and contracting, integration and deployment, and service and support.
Testimonials from Customers of All Types
Cloudian customer reviewers represented organizations of all sizes, industries and geographies, with reviews calling out a broad range of HyperStore benefits such as:
- “Best S3 implementation on the market, what goes on AWS S3, also works in your own DC” – Senior Expert Storage Management in the Healthcare Industry
- “A well-featured and cost-effective S3 object store” – System Specialist in the Education Industry
- “Robust S3 storage infrastructure for building on-premise S3 service” – Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in the Services Industry
- “Easy to implement and integrate” – Principal Consultant in the Manufacturing Industry
- “An inexpensive well-rounded solution” – Lead Developer in the Finance Industry
- “Fantastic partnership with Cloudian on object storage solutions” – Storage Consultant in the Retail Industry
Download the 2021 Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Distributed File Systems and Object Storage report at https://bit.ly/39cBOVA. To learn more about HyperStore, visit cloudian.com/products/hyperstore/.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cloudian is the most widely deployed independent provider of object storage. With a native S3 API, it brings the scalability and flexibility of public cloud storage into the data center while providing ransomware protection and reducing TCO by 60% or more compared to traditional SAN/NAS and public cloud. The geo-distributed architecture enables users to manage and protect object and file data across sites—on-premises and in the cloud—from a single platform. Available as software or appliances, Cloudian supports conventional and containerized applications. More at cloudian.com.
U.S. Media Contact
EMEA Media Contact
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
+44 (0) 20 7403 8878
* Gartner defines distributed file systems and object storage as software and hardware solutions that are based on “shared nothing architecture” and that support object and/or scale-out file technology to address requirements for unstructured data growth.