Simplify disaster recovery, centralize management, and lower ROBO storage costs
Organizations have effectively eliminated the pains of branch office IT management by centrally hosting remote office applications and delivering them up as web-based services. Without the need for branch office server and business IT infrastructure of the past, organizations are re-thinking how they deploy data storage to remote offices for local file sharing and backup. Today’s ROBO user needs simple, managed solutions that leverage the cloud for low-cost ‘always-on’ disaster recovery
CTERA Networks is the leader in cloud storage and a provider of a next-generation Cloud Storage Services Platform that transforms Cloudian HyperStore® storage into a wide variety of managed file services enabling organizations to serve, protect and collaborate on file-based data, like never before.
The CTERA Cloud Storage Services Platform for Cloudian HyperStore gives enterprise IT organizations and public cloud service providers a quick and easy way to launch a variety of service offerings.
Branch Office Modernization
CTERA’s branch office storage appliances combine cloud storage gateways with integrated NAS, file sharing and cloud backup capabilities for disaster recovery, creating a comprehensive and centrally managed solution that does away with legacy file servers, backup systems, deduplication tools and inefficient silos of storage.
Server and Endpoint Backup
CTERA’s cloud backup agent provides end-point backup and recovery for virtual machines and roaming users, while remote office desktops and servers leverage CTERA Cloud Storage Gateways to minimize WAN latency.
Cloudian HyperStore Solution and Benefits
Cloudian HyperStore software is a fully S3 API compliant, multi-tenant, multi-data center hybrid cloud storage software. Cloud service providers use Cloudian HyperStore software to deploy public clouds and managed private clouds, and enterprises use HyperStore software to deploy private and hybrid louds. You can deploy HyperStore as software to be implemented atop your existing storage infrastructure, or as a fully integrated rack-ready appliance. Both deployment options deliver multi-data center storage with no constraints on data size, unlimited scale, optional data tiering to any S3 cloud, and support for all S3 ecosystem applications.
CTERA Solution and Benefits
- All-in-one storage appliance combines enterprise NAS services and works in conjunction with CTERA Backup agents
- Source-based encryption and source-based deduplication to the cloud ensures that WAN communication is secure and efficient
- Clientless backup of local desktops and file servers
- Windows file sharing (CIFS), Apple file sharing (AFP), NFS, Time Machine, rsync, WebDAV
- Secure remote management and real-time monitoring AES-256 volume encryption
- Resizable logical volumes
- Optimized incremental cloud backup with data compression
- Block-level global deduplication
- Previous file versions with nested snapshot retention
- Automated scheduled backup
- Centralized management
- Secure Web-based direct access to backups from anywhere
- Unified and simple-to-manage storage infrastructure
- AES 256 encryption at rest and in transit
- Source-based encryption with customer-owned keys
- All remote data can be centrally scanned for compliance
“With CTERA and Cloudian, we have built a powerful and flexible set of collaboration services with instantly scalable storage to address our customer’s changing business needs.”
— Antonio Giannetto, CTO and innovation strategist at ReeVo.