MSPs look to Cloudian to address exploding demand for S3-compatible storage services
SAN MATEO, Calif. – Aug 22, 2017 – Cloudian, the innovation leader in enterprise object storage systems, today announced that its Cloudian HyperStore adoption by global service providers has doubled over the last year. MSPs deploy Cloudian to address the exploding demand for cloud storage services — a market that is expected to generate over $23 billion revenue in 2017 with growth exceeding 25% annually.
MSPs recognize the value HyperStore provides with the industry’s richest set of MSP-specific features such as billing, multi-tenancy, and a 100 percent native S3-API that guarantees trouble-free application compatibility. Delivering telco-grade reliability and availability since 2011, Cloudian systems now serve tens of thousands of enterprises in over a dozen countries, on nearly every continent.
Assured Data Protection (Assured DP), a leader in data protection and disaster recovery (DR) services for the enterprise, is the latest service provider to recognize the value of Cloudian’s HyperStore. They chose HyperStore to provide their customers trouble-free support for their backup-as-a-service offering.
“We partnered with Cloudian because HyperStore allows us to focus more time on our customers and less time on the technology we’re providing them,” said Rob Mackle, co-founder of Assured DP. “Cloudian is simple, scalable, and works flawlessly with our Rubrik backup systems. The result is reduced cost and the continuous uptime our customers expect.”
MSPs help drive the transition to the cloud by acting as a trusted guide for large companies and by providing rich, turnkey service offerings for smaller ones. Their regional focus builds deep connections with local businesses as well as expertise in compliance and regulatory issues, benefits that remove technical barriers, reduce risk, and accelerate cloud adoption.
“Assured DP joins the list of leading MSPs to provide their customers rich service offerings built on Cloudian storage solutions,” said Jon Toor, CMO of Cloudian. “Our growth is evidence of Cloudian’s trouble-free operation and unsurpassed S3 API interoperability that allows MSPs to offer a better service at a highly competitive price.”
In less than a year, Cloudian’s MSP global footprint has grown significantly due to its successful strategy. A sample of partners includes:
- Interoute, a global cloud and network company, launched a multi-petabyte data cloud-based storage service with Cloudian
- Federal Hill Solutions (FHS), an IT solutions and managed service provider that offers managed infrastructure, cloud and security services, implemented the Lenovo DX8200C object storage appliance powered by Cloudian as its primary storage solution for its managed backup service
- rediCloud, an enterprise-grade cloud service provider, deployed HyperStore to serve customers who need cost-effective storage with a high level of individual and consultative service as they move to the cloud
- HIAG Data, an infrastructure-as-a-service (IAAS) provider in Switzerland, deployed a two-petabyte Cloudian HyperStore cluster in two data centers as its hybrid cloud storage solution
- NTT Communications, a Japanese telco, launched a global S3-compatible cloud storage service built on Cloudian
- NTT East, deployed Cloudian as part of a fibre optic-based consumer cloud storage service
- Nexinto, a leading German cloud service provider, selected HyperStore as the storage solution for its new S3-compatible public cloud storage service
- ReeVo Cloud, an Italian service provider specializing in cloud computing, selected HyperStore to provide an expanding range of services including infrastructure-as-a-service, storage-as-a-service, backup-as-a-service, disaster recovery and business continuity services
- Sithabile Technology Services (STS), a South African data management solutions business, adopted Cloudian HyperStore to support its backup, recovery and archiving services
- Purity IT, a leading regional provider of backup, disaster recovery and cloud storage services in Norway, deployed Cloudian’s HyperStore solution as a key component of its new S3-based public cloud offering
- Internet Unie, one of the largest managed service providers in the Netherlands, selected HyperStore for a new hybrid cloud storage service
- Global Micro, a Johannesburg-based managed services firm, offers storage, backup and enterprise collaboration services built on a Cloudian system
- Technoserv, the largest system integrator in Russia, deployed Cloudian as part of a new storage as a service offering