Will Showcase Storage Solutions to Manage Growing Healthcare Data Volumes Across EMR, EHR and PACS Systems at HIMSS19 Conference
SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 11, 2019 – Cloudian, the innovation leader in enterprise object storage, today highlighted its expanding footprint in the healthcare and life sciences market, as organizations around the world turn to the company for help managing their rapidly growing digital assets and realizing the full value of these assets. Over the past year, Cloudian revenue from this market increased 75 percent, and its customer base now includes four national health agencies, one of the largest hospital operators in the U.S., a global pharmaceutical company and a range of other medical facilities and research institutes.
The Cure for Data Storage Ills
The proliferation of healthcare data is enabling advances such as improved diagnoses, new drug discoveries, and genetic disease treatments. However, this data typically comes from various sources spread across different systems—from patient medical records in EMR and EHR systems to large amounts of unstructured content such as PET scans, MRIs, CT scans and X-rays in PACS systems—hindering the ability to bring all this data together for analysis and maximize its collective value.
Cloudian’s HyperStore solution provides a limitlessly scalable object storage platform that can consolidate information from these various systems in a cost-effective manner that also complies with HIPPA standards regarding the storage of personal medical information. HyperStore’s benefits include:
- Public cloud-like flexibility on-premises: Users can start small and non-disruptively add storage nodes as they need more capacity, with the added capacity becoming part of the available storage pool.
- Data management across the ecosystem: Cloudian seamlessly integrates with healthcare applications and Vendor Neutral Archive solutions to provide a central storage repository, enabling customers to consolidate storage and management of dispersed records and images for real-time, comprehensive viewing.
- Security and compliance: From data encryption at rest and in transit, to role-based access controls, to WORM (Write Once Read Many) capabilities, HyperStore includes extensive security features that meet stringent compliance requirements.
- Metadata tagging: In contrast to traditional SAN and NAS storage, Cloudian’s solution includes rich metadata tagging that greatly facilitates the application of machine learning and analytics for pattern detection, drug, and disease research and even diagnoses.
- Data protection: HyperStore provides up to 14 nines of durability for long-term protection of healthcare and research data.
- Up to 70 percent cost savings: Built on industry-standard high-density servers, Cloudian reduces storage costs by up to 70 percent compared to traditional enterprise storage and public cloud offerings.
“Unifying healthcare data within a single repository and making it easily accessible to the right people at the right time is critical to driving more informed decision-making and, ultimately, better patient care,” said Sandra Lillie, global director, enterprise imaging sales and strategy at Hyland. “That’s why we value partners like Cloudian who join forces to break down information silos for our customers, facilitating better collaboration and making the vast stores of medical images, photos and documents available when and where they’re needed.”
Cloudian is featuring its HyperStore solution at the HIMSS19 Conference in Orlando, Florida, Feb. 9-15, booth #2888.
Cloudian turns information into insight with a hyperscale data fabric that lets customers store, find and protect data across the organization and around the globe. Cloudian data management solutions bring cloud technology and economics to the data center with uncompromising data durability, intuitive management tools, and the industry’s most compatible S3 API. Cloudian and its ecosystem partners help Global 1000 customers simplify unstructured data management today while preparing for the data demands of AI and machine learning tomorrow.
+44 (0)1252 717040