NTT Communications Delivers Object Storage To Enterprise Cloud Services with Cloudian Hyperstore
NTT Communications is one of the world’s top three telecom companies and sits in the Fortune Global 500. NTT Communications enterprise cloud, dubbed Biz Hosting Cloudn Object Storage, is NTT’s cloud hosting service. NTT relies on Cloudian HyperStore® software to bring robust Amazon S3-like services and limitless scalability to its cloud as the company combines flexibility features, straightforward data management, and full customization with expanded global reach.
The IT team at NTT Communications knew its legacy storage systems could not provide the required scalability and ironclad data security at the aggressive price points that its customers demanded. If the company was to compete with the world’s other significant service providers, the team needed to switch from its outdated distributed file storage scheme to the much more agile object storage model in order to optimally manage its many petabytes of user data. These technical requirements lead the Biz Hosting Cloudn Object Storage team to consider Cloudian HyperStore.
Please download the PDF for the complete case study.
- To provide unlimited scalability and ironclad data security at aggressive price points
- To find a solution with 100% Amazon S3 API support
- To migrate from distributed file storage to object storage to better manage multiple petabytes of user data
- Quick solution implementation
CLOUDIAN FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Field-proven hybrid cloud solution
- Unlimited scalability
- 100% Amazon S3 API fidelity
- Pre-packaged STaaS features
- Usability features, including: multi-tenancy, multi-currency rating plans, billing, quality of service (QoS)
HOW SERVICE PROVIDERS BENEFIT FROM USING CLOUDIAN
- Reduced acquisition cost with high-density commodity servers and storage
- Reduced complexity with the elimination of backups, volume/LUN management, and costly data migrations
- Value-added services, including: Storage-as-a-Service, Backup-as-a-Service, Archive-as-a-Service, and File Sync & Share, as well as 100% support for all S3 applications
- Future-proofing with the ability to start small (terabytes) and easily expand to petabytes as requirements grow