Flash storage delivers great performance, but it’s expensive. Cloudian now offers an S3-compatible, all-flash solution that cuts cost by 2/3 vs other all-flash storage solutions. Choose from software-defined-storage or pre-configured appliances. Either way, it’s flash storage you can afford.
3X Savings From Cloudian
Cloudian delivers value that is pure and simple:
- Our architecture and business model are 3X more cost-efficient
- Get 40% additional cost savings with Cloudian’s adaptive hybrid architecture
Cloudian saves cost four ways:
- Industry-standard hardware platform: There are no proprietary components to drive up cost. We use the latest, most efficient hardware designs to deliver outstanding performance and superior value.
- Software-defined storage option: Leverage the hardware vendor of your choice, including gear from HPE, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, QCT, SuperMicro, etc. Cloudian installs quickly on standard X86 servers.
- Efficient software design: Our peer-to-peer architecture runs as a single software image per server. There are no extra services such as access layers required — the S3 API is native and all cluster management services are built-in.
- Adaptive hybrid architecture: A built-in data tiering feature lets you transparently migrate infrequently used data to less expensive storage. This is a standard feature.
Choose Software or a Pre-configured Appliance
Cloudian’s appliance saves you 3X on cost-per-capacity versus competitive all-flash products. Our new HyperStore Flash 1000 appliance offers 77 TB and 154 TB capacities in a 1U form factor. Each node employs two Intel Gold 6230R processors with 26 cores each and 52 threads for superior multitasking. The design also includes 256GB RAM and networking options up to 100GbE. The platform is perfectly balanced, with the optimal configuration of processor, memory and flash to deliver the greatest value.
To ensure high performance, the multi-threaded architecture services storage requests while management tasks run in parallel. Furthermore, any server node in the cluster can respond to any storage request, delivering massive parallelism. This parallelism also means that performance grows as nodes are added. There is no separate controller to add cost or create bottlenecks. Performance scales linearly.
Pre-configured and ready to install, the appliance is available with a range of professional services, support programs, and instructor-led training.
Get the HyperStore Flash 1000 Datasheet Here
Adaptive Hybrid Architecture Optimizes Data Placement for 40% Cost Savings
To achieve further cost savings Cloudian offers an adaptive hybrid architecture. Not all data needs to reside on the highest-performance storage. The challenge is how to easily manage data placement. This policy-based data management engine – which is included with HyperStore at no extra charge — transparently migrates cold data from Cloudian flash devices to lower-cost HDD-based Cloudian storage.
The cost savings can be quite significant. On average, users find that 60% of their unstructured data has not been accessed in the last year. By migrating that cold data to HDD-based storage – which costs about 1/3 as much – you can reduce overall costs by 40% vs flash-only storage.
Data Tiering That is Transparent and Easy to Manage
Cloudian’s adaptive hybrid architecture employs three features that make this capability especially powerful. Together, these ensure cost savings and easy management:
- Policy-based, transparent migration: You set the policy that determines what data gets migrated and when. Choose from a variety of rules such as access patterns, data ownership, object size, etc.
- All data is searchable on one platform: When an object is migrated, a copy of that object’s metadata is retained on the flash platform. Data search can still be conducted entirely on a single system.
- Transparent re-hydration: If a migrated object is requested, it will be transparently retrieved from the HDD-based platform. No operator intervention is required.
Now you can get the benefits of flash at 40% less cost, with no additional management workload and with no added software to buy and maintain. The feature is built-in to HyperStore.
Complete Visibility with Cloudian HyperIQ
You get visibility into user behavior and service levels with Cloudian HyperIQ observability and analytics software. Monitor performance levels and access patterns. See who is accessing what data. In an adaptive hybrid configuration, see how frequently data is being retrieved from HDD storage so you can tune your migration rules accordingly. HyperIQ gives you a 360-degree view of your global Cloudian storage infrastructure.
Try Cloudian Software for Free
See the possibilities for yourself. Try Cloudian software in your data center today. Whether on a Flash or HDD-based platform, you can see how easy it is to deploy S3-compatible storage. Get started on your free trial here.
LIVE WEBINAR SEPTEMBER 30
Cloudian MythBusters Series:
Object Storage and Flash Media – Good Fit or Mismatch?